Pages

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Getting off on the right foot!!....or should I say thigh.....




     So I was thinking....what better way to celebrate my very first blog post (and my new Chrissy PR) than with a super Paleo-licious meal! This chicken was a flavor explosion! NOT KIDDING. Chicken thighs are a bit of an underdog in the chicken world. After years of living in fear of consuming the dreaded "fattier" bits of  the bird, sacrificing flavor and texture for the leaner "over glorified" breast meat, I'm converted. I'm totally a thigh girl now, and you will be too when you try these bad boys!!

More Info...


    Oh, a bit of a recipe disclaimer: My culinary creations are free-spirited and spontanious (like me ;), therefore I don't measure too accurately! It's all about developing your individual taste buds. Recipes are all tested, but are a loose guide to exploring flavors. Please share ideas and comments :)
 KICKIN' CHIPOTLE CHICKEN THIGHS
Goods you'll need:
  • 2 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
  • 1 Bunch Green Onions
  • 1 or 2 Limes
  • 2 Shallots
  • Lots of Garlic Cloves
  • Some Dried Chipotle Peppers
  • Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar
  • EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
Chipotle Hot Sauce

I put this sauce on EVERYTHING!! If you like your food spicy, make extra! What you don't use for the chicken will be great on eggs or anything else than needs a bit of heat. With the vinegar it lasts forever in the fridge.


  • Rehydrate the dried Chipotles in enough hot water to cover the peppers completely. You may need to add a bit more H2O depending how dry the little smokers are!

  • Once they are soft, puree them along with the soaking water until you get a "hot saucy" consistancy. Add more water to achive your desired thickness.

  • Add a Tbsp or so of Apple Cider Vinegar, just for a bit of tang. 
Now, it's time to marinate:)



  • Get a large Ziploc bag and toss the chicken in

  • Finely chop the green onions, shallots and garlic

  • Toss everthing into the Zippy with a good dose of EVOO

  • Add as much Chipotle Sauce as you can handle (I like it HOT so for me thats about 1/2 Cup)

  • Add the juice of the 2 limes, Zip it and squish it all around

  • Don't be affraid to man-handle these thighs, massage all the flavor in

  • Then leave in fridge to marinate at least 4 hours or overnight

Fry 'em....


  • Heat up a little EVOO in the pan. Get it hot!

  • Toss the thighs into the HOT pan and brown on both sides

  • Then turn down the heat and finish them off
Grill 'em....


  • Heat the BBQ up HOT to about 400F

  • Oil the grill lightly and fire the thighs on

  • Let them sear really nicely on one side before you flip

  • Turn the heat down to Medium until done
Hope you all love them as much as I do!!
Train hard, be kind and eat well people :)



2 comments:

  1. I made this recipe without the peppers (I couldn't find them) and I was light on the hot sauce - it was fabulous! Thanks for the recipe Jenn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed it Sheila! Half the fun of cooking is having to improvise. Sometimes thats the way the best recipes are born!

    ReplyDelete